Still in disbelief, Alice decided to try out the tub cleaner anyway. After all, this was her last resort before admitting her son in the hospital. So she went to her washing machine that’s never been cleaned since she bought it 2 years ago and dropped a tablet in.
The water that was flushed out from the washing machine was murky and smelt horrid. Alice almost puked!
Convinced that the washing machine was the root cause of all this, she rewashed all of Jason’s “clean” clothes and got him to wear only the newly washed ones. Then Alice prayed for the best.
Miraculously, within 2 days, Jason’s skin condition improved! The rashes stopped developing and so did the itch.
By day 5, his skin was no longer dry and flaky. The redness reduced and his skin was no longer inflamed. The blisters started to go away too.
In a week, his skin was back to normal –baby soft!
Alice was amazed by the recovery. Even the dermatologist was shocked!
Jason was able to go back to preschool the very next day.
Alice never would’ve thought the washing machine is the reason for her son’s severe skin infection. Ever since this incident, she vowed to clean her washing machine once a month. Because of that, Jason’s symptoms never returned.
She hopes that through her story, she can help other parents to prevent this from happening to their own kids.